Thursday, April 21, 2011

A COFA thought ^_^


Ok, yup yup yup I know it's been a while since I read the book, but hey what can someone like me do? City of Fallen Angels (COFA) really gets you hooked and I know I'm not the only fan who would say I'm soooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to the next book, and since I'm soooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to the next book, my mind just can't stop thinking about stuffs from the previous books and their "possible" definitions.

One thing that's been bothering my silly head ever since I started reading the most wonderful book series ever to hit the bookshelves, was when Dorothea, that's the witch's adopted daughter who appeared on the 1st book, City of Bones, said that Jace would fall in love with the wrong person. All these time, some of the people I know, and even myself were thinking, "Was he not supposed to fall in love with Clary?" since on the first parts of the story it was evident that they're a love team. Then they did fall in love and we were like sighing and thinking it's the most wonderful thing ever, and it is the most wonderful thing ever. Then it happened, Valentine appeared and told them that Clary and Jace are siblings. Then I was thinking, WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!?? then I read the next installment, City of Ashes, and I got hearts in my eyes every time there came a Jace and Clary seen... and I thought... "Am I a bad person for liking something that more or less portrays incestuous behavior?" then denies I'm a bad person by denying that Jace and Clary are blood relations, and twisting and untwisting family trees trying to find a glitch in what Valentine claimed, hoping that I am right and Jace and Clary are not siblings, and they are free to love each other in a romantic kind of way. Then the third book, City of Glass came and Hurrah!!!! We won!!! it was amazing, and I can't quite explain how happy I was to know that they aren't relations. And how amazing everything in the book turned out...

Then... tanananannnnn... Book four came, City of Fallen Angels, and then it was still amazingly wonderfully brilliant, and then I came to the last parts of the fourth book, finding Jace turning to something like a probably evil (though undoubtedly hot) Jace, forgetting Clary, and welcoming Sebastian...

Ok, so I'm still not convinced that Jace isn't supposed to love Clary, because duh, incestuous behavior didn't stop me from believing that the two of them are meant to be together for the rest of their happy shadowhunter lives and their life after that (as Jace pointed out quite romantically), and so is Clary's twisted brother's interference. Na-uh! no no no... Dear Seb (or Jonathan) is not gonna stop me (or them) Love rules :D

All right, since I'm in no way near thinking Jace is really not meant for Clary or vice versa, I think what Dorothea's prophecy "He was going to fall in love with the wrong person" really meant was what happened on the end of the 4th book, where Clary disappeared from Jace's mind and then he welcomed Sebastian's voice. So it's like he's starting to love Sebastian, and I don't really mean it in a romantic fashion, no offense to yaoi fans, but you know, something friendly or brotherly, probably more brotherly since Seb refers to Jace as little brother, whatever that means in his evil twisted perception. So I believe that's what the prophecy meant, and the prophecy also said he's going to have one enemy, and that's probably Seb, and falling in love with your enemy is often referred to as a wrong move, so falling in love with Seb is a wrong move, thus, Jace falling in love with the wrong person... temporarily... I'm so sure it's going to be temporary... and I hope we don't get a female character running her hands on our---oops---Clary's Jace. But Ms. Clare's the boss and I'm sure whatever she puts in the story will be wonderful.

I just can't wait for the next book... and "The Clockwork Prince" gosh it's coming out in September... Will Herondale's connection to the Mortal Instruments is really making me soooooo curious, and soooooo eager to read the next books... I just love The Mortal Instruments and the Infernal Devices. JacexClary and TessaxWill forever!!! XD

Ramblings out... Hihihihi...

No comments: